Thursday, October 15, 2009

Cyclone gi review. There's a reason it's cheap!


There is a lot of fighting gear out there to choose from, it ranges from very expensive to very cheap.  I know I am not the only one who checks the internet for reviews before I buy something, but there isn’t really a lot of fight gear reviews.  This is really a shame because it is hard to tell the difference between two pairs of gloves and sometimes there is no. Therefore I will review as much gear as I can possibly get to.

First impression
My first review will be the cyclone Ju jitsu gi in black, which is a fairly cheap gi that I bought(not used) from one of my friends. The price is €60 or $70 on http://www.mmauniverse.com
The first impression I had of the gi was when is used it before I washed, which was a really big mistake.  The dye from the gi covered me, some of the mats and every white gi I rolled with.
After that class I went straight home and washed it with vinegar several times. Next training did not go any better, although I didn’t spread dye all over, it now strewed small flocs or threads all over me and people in white gis.

The upper part of the gi
The cyclone gi is a very heavy gi with a pretty rough weaving. Although it is not i lightweight gi it is pretty soft and if you dry tumble it, the gi will actually feel rather comfortable.The collar is really thick and stiff, which makes it difficult to get a good grip at but might also give you a rash on you neck, especially if you don't dry tumble.
The flocking has almost stopped after numerous washes.

The gi pants
The pant are not very nice! First of all the material that they are made of isn't very nice. It is like a stiff canvas that does not give you the best freedom of movement and when you get a little sweaty they will glue to your legs.
Tying the pants isn't very easy and you will probably have to retie them many times during training. And after training when you want to take them of you might not be able to it.

Overall
The overall feeling of this gi is good value, so if you don't want to spend £150 on a high end gi, this is a good choice. Its a bit heavy and with a stiff collar which makes more difficult to grap for your opponent but the extra weight might inhibit your grappling and make it harder to make weight!
You should keep in mind that before you use it, you should wash it 2 or 3 times with vinegar to make shure that it does not loose it's color.




No comments:

Post a Comment